HP Officejet 5740 Printer
Now, getting premium-quality prints is easy with HP Officejet 5740 printer. However, to use the best use of this printer, set up the OJ printer in an accurate manner. For this, you require several things. It includes a computer, printer, USB cord, ink cartridges, and paper. With all this, you can set up the printer using the printer setup methods given here. Along with this, here you will get the method for HP Officejet 5740 driver setup, network setup, and how to troubleshoot OJ 5740 printer.
HP Officejet 5740 Printer Setup
HP Officejet 5740 Printer Setup on Windows
The procedure for HP Officejet 5740 printer setup on the Windows computer is:
- ON the Windows computer and HP Officejet 5740 printer.
- Place your HP printer and Windows computer near to each other.
- Move on to the Setup option on the HP printer and choose it.
- Access the network settings option and choose the wireless settings menu.
- Select your Wi-Fi name and enter the Wi-Fi password, when the wizard pops.
- Complete the process and move on to the Windows computer.
- Choose the Add Printer or Scanner button and select your OJ printer name.
- Select the Add device button and add your 123.hp.com/setup 5740 as per the wizard procedure.
- Take a sample print to ensure appropriate HP Officejet 5740 printer setup.
HP Officejet 5740 Printer Setup on Mac
The instructions for HP Officejet 5740 printer setup on Mac computer are:
- Switch ON the Mac operating system.
- Disconnect the USB cord from the Mac device and printer.
- Remove the HP OJ 5740 printer from the computer and choose the Apple symbol.
- Move on to the System Preferences section and choose – Printers and Scanners.
- Select the Plus symbol and choose the Add option.
- Now, choose your HP 5740 printer and access the use menu.
- Select the option- AirPrint and click- Add.
- Use the wizard instructions and complete HP Officejet 5740 printer setup.
HP Officejet 5740 Driver Download
HP Officejet 5740 Driver for Windows
The instructions for HP Officejet 5740 driver installation on Windows devices are:
- Switch ON the Windows device and confirm to have proper Wi-Fi.
- Then, check the version of Windows OS from the properties section.
- Save suitable HP OJ 5740 driver files on the Windows computer.
- Access the driver file and proceed with the on-screen instructions.
- Install HP Officejet 5740 driver installation.
HP Officejet 5740 Driver for Mac
The procedure for HP OJ 5740 driver setup on Mac computer is:
- Power up the Mac computer and ensure to have secure Wi-Fi.
- Move on to the device properties section and check the OS version.
- Download HP Officejet 5740 driver file on the Mac computer.
- Open the driver file and continue with the on-screen procedure.
- Install the HP printer driver and take a print as a test.
HP Officejet 5740 Wireless Setup
HP Officejet 5740 Wireless Setup Wizard
The simple procedure for Wi-Fi setup using HP Officejet 5740 wireless setup wizard is:
- Turn ON the HP Officejet 5740 printer and computer.
- Ensure that the computer has an active wireless network.
- Choose the option- Setup on the HP OJ 5740 printer and go for wireless settings.
- Then, access the wireless setup wizard and choose the Wi-Fi name.
- Continue with the on-screen steps and enter the Wi-Fi passcode.
- Finish HP Officejet 5740 wireless setup.
HP Officejet 5740 Wifi Setup using HP Smart App
The standard steps for HP Officejet 5740 Wifi setup using HP Smart App are:
- Power up the computer and download the HP Smart App file on it.
- Open the HP Smart App file and continue with the wizard steps.
- Set up the HP Smart App on the device and open it.
- Access the HP Smart App settings and make essential changes in it.
- Add the hp.com/oj5740 printer using the on-screen procedure.
HP Officejet 5740 Wifi Direct Setup
The simple instructions for HP Officejet 5740 Wi-Fi setup using Wi-Fi Direct are:
- Switch ON the HP OJ 5740 printer and open its paper tray.
- Get a bunch of compatible sheets and place them on the paper tray.
- Power up the Windows or Mac computer and choose the Start button.
- Access the control panel of the computer and choose – Printers and Scanner.
- Complete HP Officejet 5740 wireless setup using the on-screen steps.
HP Officejet 5740 WPS Pin
The basic steps for HP Officejet 5740 wireless setup via WPS method:
- Place the HP OJ 5740 printer near to Wi-Fi router.
- Activate the computer, router, and HP Officejet 5740 printer.
- Choose the Setup menu on the HP printer and go for network settings.
- Access the wireless setup wizard and touch the push button.
- Select the Start button and go to the wireless router.
- Press and hold the router Wi-Fi button.
- Then, press and hold the printer Wi-Fi button until the light blinks.
HP Officejet 5740 Troubleshooting
HP Officejet 5740 Printer Offline issues
Follow the procedure shown below and make your HP Officejet 5740 printer online:
- Initially, reboot the HP Officejet 5740 printer.
- After that, reboot the preferred computer.
- Off the OJ 5740 printer, computer, and wireless device.
- Wait for some time, ON the wireless device, OJ 5740 printer, and computer.
- The HP Officejet 5740 printer will be online.
- If the OJ 5740 printer is still not offline, go to the device control panel.
- Click on the Devices and Printers option and right-click on the HP printer name.
- Click- Use Printer Online.
Still, if your HP Officejet 5740 printer is not online, move on to the control panel of the computer. Select- Devices and Printers and move on to your printer name, click on it twice. Finally, ensure that your printer does not have jammed papers.
Call our customer support experts if you need additional support.
HP Officejet 5740 driver is Unavailable
If the HP Officejet 5740 driver is unavailable, then solve it using the steps below:
- Power up the computer and download the HP Easy Start driver RAR file on it.
- Extract the driver file and continue with the wizard steps.
- Install the driver file and access it.
- Now, you will see the option- Scan now displayed on the screen, click on it.
- Power off the router, HP OJ 5740 printer, and computer.
- Wait for a few seconds, ON the printer, router, and device.
Call our tech team for more information.
HP Officejet 5740 Won't Connect to Wifi
The instructions for making a connection between HP Officejet 5740 printer and Wi-Fi network are:
- Switch ON the OJ 5740 printer and access its control panel.
- Tap the setup option and select the network setup option.
- Go for the wireless setup option and select your network name.
- Proceed with the wizard instructions and enter the network security
- Complete the wireless setup process and take a test print.
- If your network is not in the OJ printer, then add your network as per the wizard steps.
Call our tech support experts for immediate guidance.
HP Officejet 5740 Printer is not Printing
If the HP Officejet 5740 printer is not printing, then fix it using the steps below:
- Off the HP Officejet 5740 printer and wait for some time.
- After that, ON the printer and change its settings as per your requirements.
- Ensure that the computer and printer are in connection with each other.
- Find a compatible HP Officejet 5740 driver and download it on the device.
- Run the driver file and install it using the steps below.
Get in touch with our customer care team for more guidance.