The HP Envy 7640 printer is the best choice for printing, scanning, and copying. However, for this, you have to set up the HP printer properly. The HP printer setup is a simple process that you can do without any hassle. For this, you need a stable computer, printer driver, papers, ink cartridges, and USB cord.
Here on this page, you will get to know the method of HP Envy 7640 printer setup, driver download & setup, and wireless connectivity. Along with this, we are also explaining how to troubleshoot HP Envy 7946 printer problems.
HP Envy 7640 Printer Setup - 123.hp.com/setup 7640
HP Envy 7640 Printer Setup for Windows
The simple steps for setting up HP Envy 7640 printer Setup on Windows device are:
- Activate the Windows device and 123.hp.com/envy7640.
- Place the Wi-Fi router close to the HP printer.
- Then, select the printer setup option and touch the wireless settings option.
- Choose the wireless setup wizard and select your desired Wi-Fi name.
- Continue to enter the password following the on-screen procedure.
- Finish the process and move on to the Windows computer.
- Choose the option – Add a Printer or Scanner option.
- When the device shows your printer name, click on it and choose the button- Add device.
- Install your HP Envy 7640 printer to the device with the wizard.
HP Envy 7640 Printer Setup for Mac
The simple procedure to set up HP Envy 7640 printer setup on Mac computer is:
- Activate the Mac device and 123.hp.com/setup 7640.
- Choose the option- Setup and access the network settings.
- After that, go for the wireless setup option and select your Wi-Fi.
- Then, proceed with the wizard steps to enter the Wi-Fi password.
- Finish the setup process and access the Mac computer.
- Choose the Apple menu and click- System Preferences.
- Move on to the Printers and scanners section and click- Plus icon.
- Choose the Add option and select your HP printer name (123.hp.com/setup 7640).
- Access the Use menu and choose the displayed option- AirPrint.
- Then, choose the Add button and finish the HP Envy 7640 printer setup.
HP Envy 7640 Driver Download
Download and install HP Envy 7640 driver easily and quickly on Mac and Windows devices using the below-given steps:
HP Envy 7640 Driver for Windows
- Move on to the Windows device and power it up.
- Make sure that the device has a secure internet connection.
- Download HP Envy 7640 driver file on the Windows
- Open the driver file and proceed with the on-screen instructions.
- Select a connectivity mode and complete the HP Envy 7640 driver setup.
HP Envy 7640 Driver for Mac
- Switch ON the Mac computer and confirm to have stable Wi-Fi.
- Save the setup file of the HP Envy 7640 driver on the Mac
- Run the setup file on the Mac device and carry on with the wizard steps.
- When the wizard asks, choose your preferred connectivity mode.
- Continue and complete HP Envy 7640 driver installation.
HP Envy 7640 Wireless Setup
HP Envy 7640 Wifi Setup via Smart App
The basic steps for setting up HP Envy 7640 Wifi Setup via HP Smart App are:
- Check and confirm that the computer does not have any problem.
- Make sure that the computer has a stable network.
- Download the HP Smart App setup file and run it on the computer.
- Follow the procedure given on the wizard and finish the installation.
- Open the installed software and add the 123.hp.com/setup 7640 to it as per the wizard steps.
HP Envy 7640 Wireless Setup Wizard
The standard steps for Wi-Fi setup via HP Envy 7640 wireless setup wizard are:
- Power up the Envy printer and ensure that everything is perfect.
- Make sure that the Mac/Windows computer has a steady internet connection.
- Choose the displayed option – Setup on the printer to proceed.
- Then, go to the network settings and access the wireless setup option.
- Choose your device Wi-Fi, enter its passcode, and complete the HP Envy 7640 Wireless Setup.
HP Envy 7640 Wifi Direct Setup
The basic procedure for Wi-Fi setup via HP Envy 7640 Wifi direct method is:
- Access the printer paper tray and confirm that it has a set of compatible sheets.
- Then, power up the Mac or Windows device and choose- Printers and Scanners.
- Click the option- Add a Printer or Scanner and access the Wi-Fi Direct
- Choose your desired printer name and click- Add device.
- Copy the PIN displayed on the screen and enter it when the wizard prompts.
- Proceed and finish the HP Envy 7640 wifi direct setup.
HP Envy 7640 WPS Pin
The basic procedure for Wi-Fi setup via the HP Envy 7640 WPS method is:
- Make sure that the HP 7640 printer is close to the Wi-Fi router.
- Turn ON the computer and ensure that it is faultless.
- Power up the HP printer and move on to its printer panel.
- Choose the Setup option and select the Push Button.
- After that, access the printer wireless button & press it and hold on for some time.
- Move on the Wi-Fi button of the router, press it, and wait until the light blinks.
HP Envy 7640 Troubleshooting
HP Envy 7640 driver is unavailable
The general procedure for HP Envy 7640 driver is unavailable issue is:
- Move on your computer and ensure to have safe internet.
- Download HP Easy Start driver on the computer.
- Access the computer folder where the setup file is.
- Run the HP Easy Start setup file and move on with the instructions given on the screen.
- Install HP Easy Start driver on the computer and access it.
- Now, choose the “Scan Now” button on the installed software.
- After that, select the displayed Update button.
- Switch Off the wireless router, Windows/Mac computer, and HP printer.
- Finally, switch ON the desired computer, HP 7640 printer, and the Wi-Fi device.
If the HP Envy 7640 driver is unavailable, call our expert team.
HP Envy 7640 Printer Offline Issues
Use the instructions given below to convert the HP Envy 7640 printer offline mode:
- Go to your Envy 7640 printer and reboot it.
- Now, access the desired computer and reboot it.
- Power off the stable Wi-Fi device and power it up after some time.
- If your HP Envy 7640 printer show offline, move on to the next step.
- Activate the preferred computer & access- Devices and Printers.
- Right-click on the HP 7640 printer name and select- Use Printer Online.
If the HP Envy 7640 printer still does not convert to online mode, feel free to contact us.
HP Envy 7640 Printer is not Printing
If the HP Envy 7640 printer does not print properly, then use the below-listed steps:
- Deactivate your HP Envy 7640 printer and hold on for some time.
- Now, activate the printer, move on to the printer settings and change it as per your requirements.
- Ensure that the Envy printer is properly connected to the computer.
- Download and extract HP Envy 7640 driver file on your device.
- Continue with the wizard procedure on the screen and install the HP 7640 driver.
- Set HP 7640 printer as the default printer.
- Stop the ongoing print tasks.
- Ensure that the printer tray contains suitable papers.
- After that, install suitable ink cartridges into the HP Envy 7640 printer ink cartridge
- Finally, confirm that the printer does not have any jammed paper.
Contact our technical support experts for additional details.
HP Envy 7640 printer Won't Connect to Wifi
Sometimes your HP Envy 7640 printer won’t connect to Wi-Fi network. In this situation, use the below-given procedure:
- Access the HP Envy 7640 printer panel and go for the Setup button.
- Then, move on to the Wi-Fi setup button and choose it.
- After that, choose the given wireless setup menu and touch the Wi-Fi name on the printer.
- Proceed with the instructions shown on the wizard.
- Type the Wi-Fi code when the wizard prompts and complete the Wireless setup.
- If the preferred device Wi-Fi is not in the HP 7640 printer, then install it using the wizard steps.
- Finally, type the password of Wi-Fi and finish the 123.hp.com/setup 7640 wireless setup.
For additional technical information on this, call our technical experts.