HP Envy 5640 Printer
cartridges – 1 black and 1 tri-color. The tri-color includes yellow, magenta, and cyan. It is compatible with mobile printing. The printer input tray manages 125 sheets and the output tray manages 25 sheets.
For scanning, the HP 5640 printer has a resolution of 1200 x 1200 dpi. It uses Contact Image Sensor technology for scanning. For printing, the Envy printer uses HP Thermal Inkjet technology.
Now, here get the procedure to HP Envy 5640 Driver setup, printer setup, and network setup. Along with this, get the basic instructions for HP Envy 5640 troubleshooting.
HP Envy 5640 Setup
HP Envy 5640 printer setup is not a difficult process. The simple instructions for Envy printer setup on Mac & Windows devices are:
HP Envy 5640 Setup for Windows
The instructions for HP Envy 5640 printer setup on the desired Windows device are:
- Open the cover of the HP Envy 5640 printer.
- Take the Envy printer and place it on a smooth surface near the power port.
- Tear off the packing materials from the Envy printer.
- Now, get a USB cable and tear off the covering materials from the cable.
- Connect the Envy printer to the wall outlet with the USB cable.
- ON the wall outlet and 123.hp.com/setup 5640 printer.
- Switch ON the desired Windows computer and confirm it has a Wi-Fi network.
- Tap the Setup menu on the Envy printer panel and tap the network settings.
- Choose the Wi-Fi settings and go for the wireless setup wizard.
- A list of Wi-Fi networks appears on the HP Envy printer.
- Choose your network name and continue to provide its password.
- After that, complete the wireless setup process and access the computer.
- Go to the control panel section and choose- Add a Printer or Scanner.
- Select your HP Envy 5640 printer and click on the Add device option.
- Install the HP Envy 5640 printer on the Windows OS as per the wizard steps.
- Finally, print a test document to confirm accurate HP Envy 5640 printer setup.
HP Envy 5640 Setup for Mac
The procedure to set up HP Envy 5640 printer on the Mac computer is:
- Go to the HP Envy 5640 printer pack and open it.
- Take out the Envy printer and keep it safely near the electric outlet.
- Then, clear off all the coverings from the Envy printer.
- Now, remove the packing cover from the new USB cable.
- Make a connection between the 123.hp.com/setup 5640 and the Mac device with a USB cord.
- Turn ON your Mac computer and confirm it has a secure internet connection.
- Choose the symbol- Apple on the Mac computer and click- System Preferences.
- Select the preferred Envy printer name and access the Use menu.
- Now, a Plus icon will appear on the computer screen, click on it to move on.
- Click on the shown Add button.
- Move on with the instructions displayed on the wizard.
- Complete HP Envy 5640 printer setup on the desired Mac
- After that, access a file on the connected Mac computer.
- Click on the File menu on the connected Mac computer and click – Print.
- Make essential changes in the printing settings given on the wizard.
- Finally, tap the Print option and get the print.
HP Envy 5640 Driver Download
Follow the instructions below for HP Envy 5640 driver setup on the Windows, as well as Mac computers.
HP Envy 5640 Driver for Windows
The simple steps for HP Envy 5640 driver installation on the desired Windows device are:
- Move on to the desired Windows computer and turn it ON.
- Confirm that the Wi-Fi network is safe on the windows device.
- Know the OS version and find the compatible HP 5640 driver file.
- Then, download the Envy driver setup file on the computer.
- Access the folder where the HP 5640 driver file is and select the driver setup file.
- Click on the HP Envy 5640 driver file twice and the driver setup process starts.
- Continue with the wizard procedure to move on with the process.
- When the Windows device asks to select the network setup mode, select one.
- Continue and finish HP Envy 5640 driver setup.
- Finally, print a test document.
HP Envy 5640 Driver for Mac
The basic procedure for setting up the HP Envy 5640 driver on the Mac OS is:
- Go to the Mac computer connected to the Envy printer and switch ON it.
- Confirm that the Wi-Fi connection is active on the Mac computer.
- Check the OS version of the Mac and find the compatible Envy 5640 driver file.
- Download the HP Envy 5640 driver file on the connected Mac computer.
- Move on to the device folder where the Envy 5640 driver setup file is and open it.
- Run the HP 5640 driver setup file and the Envy driver installation initiates.
- Move on with the on-screen HP 5640 driver installation procedure.
- Choose a preferred mode to connect the Envy printer and Mac computer.
- Move on with the wizard steps and finish HP Envy 5640 driver setup.
- Lastly, take a print of the document.
HP Envy 5640 Wireless Setup
HP Envy 5640 Wifi Setup using HP Smart App
The standard steps for HP Envy 5640 Wi-Fi setup with the help of HP Smart App are:
- Turn ON the desired computer and make sure it has perfect Wi-Fi.
- Get the HP Smart App installation file suitable for the desired computer.
- Download the HP Smart App setup file on the device.
- After that, access the setup file and click on it twice.
- The HP Smart App software setup process initiates.
- Continue with the steps shown on the screen and finish the HP Smart App setup.
- Access the HP Smart App and make required changes in the software settings.
- Choose the Add button and add your Envy printer to the computer.
HP Envy 5640 Wireless Setup Wizard
The procedure to set up a wireless network on the HP 5640 printer is:
- Switch ON the HP Envy 5640 printer.
- Choose the shown option- Setup on the Envy printer panel.
- Choose the wireless setup option and access the Wi-Fi settings.
- Now, select the wireless setup wizard on the Envy 5640 printer.
- Multiple wireless networks will be on the Envy printer panel.
- Choose your preferred device Wi-Fi name to proceed.
- Provide the passcode of the Wi-Fi when the screen prompts.
- Continue and complete HP Envy 5640 wireless setup.
HP Envy 5640 Wifi Direct Setup
The simple steps for HP Envy 5640 Wi-Fi setup via Wi-Fi Direct method are:
- Switch ON the computer and confirm to have a safe internet connection.
- After that, ON the HP Envy 5640 printer.
- Open the Envy printer paper tray and make sure that it has no issue.
- Place appropriate sheets properly on the Envy paper tray.
- Confirm that the appropriate sheets are correctly aligned and close the paper tray.
- Select the displayed Start option and select the control panel.
- Move on to the Printers and Scanners section and click- Wi-Fi Direct Printers.
- Select your Envy printer name and finish the HP Envy 5640 wifi setup
HP Envy 5640 WPS Pin Setup
Follow the instructions given below for HP Envy 5640 Wi-Fi with the WPS method:
- Place the Envy 5640 printer and Wi-Fi router near each other.
- Confirm that the router, Envy printer, and device have no problem.
- Switch ON the device, Envy printer, and Wi-Fi router.
- Access the Setup option on the Envy printer and tap- network settings.
- Choose the wireless settings menu and access the wireless setup wizard.
- Move on to the Push Button option; choose it and click- Start.
- Go to the router, press the router Wi-Fi button and hold on for a few minutes.
- Press the Envy printer Wi-Fi button and hold it for the HP Envy 5640 wps setup to begin.
HP Envy 5640 Troubleshooting
HP Envy 5640 Printer Offline Error
The basic steps to convert the HP Envy 5640 printer Offline into the online mode are:
- Reboot the preferred computer and HP Envy 5640 printer.
- Switch off the HP Envy 5640 printer, wireless router, and desired device.
- Then, ON the Envy 5640 printer, desired device, and wireless router.
- After that, check the Envy printer to know whether it has properly converted online.
- If the Envy printer has not properly converted to online, then access the computer.
- Choose the displayed Start button and click – control panel option.
- After that, select – Devices and Printers.
- The Envy printer name appears on the screen, right-click on it.
- Now, a list of options appears on the screen, choose- Use Printer Online.
- The HP Envy 5640 printer will now be properly converted online.
- If the HP Envy 5640 printer is still offline, then access the Devices and Printers section.
- Click on your Envy 5640 printer name two times and go to the Use menu.
- Stop the ongoing print jobs and confirm to have no paper jams in the printer.
Contact our tech support experts for more tech support.
HP Envy 5640 Driver is Unavailable
The steps for solving the HP Envy 5640 driver is unavailable problem are:
- ON the computer connected to the Envy printer and ensure it has an active Wi-Fi connection.
- Search for the suitable HP Easy Start Driver setup file and get it on the connected device.
- After that, run the installation file on the computer.
- Carry on with the wizard driver installation instructions.
- Finish the installation process and open the software to proceed with the process.
- Choose the option- Scan Now displayed on the computer.
- Select the button “Update” given on the wizard.
- Off the wireless router and HP Envy 5640 printer.
- After that, off the connected computer.
- Wait for a few minutes and ON the HP Envy 5640 printer.
- Finally, ON the Wi-Fi router and connected computer.
Contact our customer care executive for more tech assistance on this.
HP Envy 5640 Printer is not printing
If the HP Envy 5640 printer is unable to properly print, use the instructions given below and solve it:
- Switch off the HP Envy 5640 printer.
- After a few minutes, ON the HP Envy 5640 printer.
- Check and ensure that the Envy printer is faultless.
- Go to the Envy printer settings section and change the required settings.
- Check the Envy printer and confirm it is properly connected to the desired device.
- Find a HP Envy 5640 driver compatible with the device OS and download it.
- Open the HP 5640 driver file on the desired computer.
- Proceed with the on-screen driver setup instructions.
- Install the Envy 5640 printer driver and complete the process.
Contact our team for additional guidance on fixing the printer not printing problem.
HP Envy 5640 Printer Can’t Connect to Wi-Fi
The instructions to make a connection between the HP Envy 5640 printer and wireless network are:
- Initially, power up the HP Envy 5640 printer.
- Go to the Envy printer control panel and choose – Setup.
- Select the network setup option and choose the wireless settings.
- Tap the wireless setup wizard and an array of networks appear on the printer.
- Choose the desired network on the Envy printer to move on.
- Finish the setup process; the Envy printer is wirelessly connected to your device.
- If the device Wi-Fi is not on the Envy printer, add it using the wizard steps.
If more technical guidance you need, call our professional team.